By Jenna Barnhart October 22, 2021
With Halloween quickly approaching, you might be looking for costume inspiration. Here are some pop culture costume ideas for solos, couples, and groups.
- Squid Game character: The Netflix Original “Squid Game” has taken the world by storm, so it’s a costume to surely be recognized. Dress up as either a player in the game or a guard. Even dress up as the creepy doll statue in the first game.
- Little Lad: If you’re someone who has a TikTok account, you’re likely to have heard of Little Lad A.K.A. berries and cream guy. Originally appearing in a Skittles commercial, the audio and dance became a trend on TikTok.
- Kim K at the Met Gala: This year’s Met Gala had many memorable outfits, whether that is a good thing or not. Kim Kardashian dawned an outfit no one will soon forget, so recreate this look and I’m sure it will have the same affect.
- Cruella De Vil: The movie Cruella was a hit this year in the theaters, and it will be a hit as a costume too. Get a black and white wig and recreate any of her iconic looks throughout the movie.
- Venom: Either buy or make your own costume and go as cinemas favorite symbiote, or as the character he takes over, Eddie Brock.
- Evan Hanson: With the release of the Dear Evan Hanson movie, go as main character Evan. This is sure to be a great last minute costume!
- Olivia Rodrigo: Teenager Olivia Rodrigo has become quite the popstar. Dress up as her album cover “Sour” or as her from the “Good 4 U” music video.
- Guy from Free Guy: Another easy last minute costume inspired by a movie released this year!
- Candyman: Looking for a more spooky costume? Go as Candyman!
- Steve from Blue’s Clues: With Steve from Blue’s Clues releasing a video checking in on the fans from the original show, Steve is fresh in everyone’s minds which means he would make a great costume for this year!
Couples / Groups:
- Suicide Squad: Go as either two of the characters from the movie or make it. Group effort and do them all!
- Harry Styles and Lizzo: Harry and Lizzo just about broke the internet with this picture at the Grammys this year. Recreate the look and be just as iconic!
- Wanda and Vision: Wandavision has been a hit this year, dress up as Wanda and Vision to be the power couple of the costume party!
- Natasha and Yelena: A fierce duo for two fierce friends.
- Frank and Lily: Looking for a unique couples costume this year for you and your equally adventurous partner? Go as Frank and Lily from Jungle Cruise!
- Sanderson Sisters: Looking for a costume for a trio? None more iconic than the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus.
- Addams Family: Grab the whole family or a big group of friends and go as the Addams Family in their new movie!
- Minnie and Mickey Mouse: With Disney’s 50th anniversary being this year, going as their iconic Minnie and Mickey would be perfect!
- Bugs and Lola Bunny: With the reboot of Space Jam, the redesigned Bugs and Lola would make a great couples costume.
- Bridgerton Characters: Dress up as the main characters from the hit show.